I listen to many podcasts.
And people that know me usually ask me which ones I recommend. Here are almost all of them :)
- The Moth (real stories, heavily recommended!)
- Reply All (computer stories, heavily recommended!)
- This American Life (thousand of topics, recommended!)
- Invisibilia (a topic in depth in each episode, recommended!)
- Mystery Show (only 6 episodes, recommended!)
- Radiolab (stories about science and culture)
Programming in general
1 season, 1 topic
- Serial (first a murderer?, then a traitor?, now law system in America)
- Limetown (horror story)
- Science Vs (recommended!)
- More Perfect (if you want to know more about US law…)
So many topics in Spanish (even drywall!)
- Hacia Falta (best jibber jabber podcast)
Android && Kotlin
- Fragmented (recommended!)
- Android Developers Backstage (insider’s info)
- The Context (pretty good but audio is sketchy sometimes)
- Talking Kotlin (nice :)
- NG+ (better listened from the first episode)
If you are bored and have listened to all the previous ones…
How do I listen to so many?
I love walking and I usually try to walk everywhere. I also listen to podcasts when I’m cleaning :). It makes those tasks fun, if I have an interesting podcast on the queue (like Reply All), I am thrilled of having household chores!
I also listen to most of them to 2.x speed or more (:P)… in the beginning, it was quite hard but nowadays I can’t stand 1.0 speed.
I use pocketcasts for Android that has a very nice UI and records everything. So here are my stats since I started using it (now almost 3 years): I’ve listened to 20 days & 10 hours of podcasts, saved 2 days by skipping silences and 46 days (!) by listening to them to twice the regular speed.
Do you have any good recommendations? I’m all ears on twitter!